The Knot gave us inspiration for this blog post in their Wedding Planning portion of the website so we decided to take these questions, pitch them to the pros at Haute Weddings and get some answers! So for all you brides out there, here's the lucky number 13 questions you should pose to your wedding planner:
1. Will the consultant commit to your budget and not push you in the direction of things you simply can't afford? Absolutely! As a wedding planner our job is to help guide you through the process of planning YOUR dream wedding, not dictating it for you and insisting on items that are not in your budget. This is never a practice we preach and our goal is to get you the most bang for your buck!
2. Will the consultant devise a master plan mapping out all the little details, from announcement to zebra-striped decor? Haute Weddings has several packages available to choose from. We offer a full-service coordinating package called "All Hands on Deck" which commuicates, "I don't know where to begin?" in which our guidance can help you every step of the way. We also offer "Almost There" which comprises of "I've started but now I'm stuck" this package allows us to give you a little push in the right direction and back on track. And finally we offer a "Just the Basics" package (AKA-Day/Month Of) where you've pretty much got things covered, we just help execute the plans in place.
3. Can the consultant name the best and most original locations in your area (that would be suitable to your wedding size, style, and budget)? Most definitely, at Haute Weddings we are connected with so many venue locations in and around the area that we have a personal and professional relationship with, and are able to steer brides in the right direction based on her feedback on style, size and budget. We work hard at building relationships with locations that will lead you to the ultimate wedding venue just perfect for you.
4. Is the consultant familiar with the best florists, photographers, caterers, bands, and DJs in your price range? Can he/she explain their strongpoints to you briefly? Haute Weddings has spent years building relationships with vendors who are leaders in the wedding industry. We work with numerous vendors within each category of service to ensure to pair you up with the vendors that fit your needs best regarding style and budget.
5. Can the consultant score you some discounts with any vendors? Being a full-time professional wedding planning company, Haute Weddings refers dozens of brides a year to their vendors. In return, vendors are more than happy to work and accommodate a bride's needs and budget. Bride's will definitely benefit from being a Hauttie!
6. Will the consultant read over the vendor contracts for you? Most definitely! Contracts are put in place to protect both parties. Each contract should clearly convey all that was discussed and agreed to. Each contract should convey the terms discussed, but also allow for changes in the order in regards to guest count, menu selections, design and decor, etc... Like lots of wedding planning, things arise that require changes and contracts are set in place to record and amend to those changes as necessary. Nearly nothing is to tough for the Haute team to handle :)
7. Can the consultant create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process -- vendors, members of the wedding party, bride/groom, and families -- what to do and when to do it? Schedules, itineraries, and timelines are all part of the planning process. We can ensure that all is laid out clearly, but we also want you, your family, and guests to enjoy your wedding, and to not be so time constricted that they can't enjoy the festivities. We take care of everything right down to each and every detail. This is YOUR big day, we deal with all the components and elements in order to ensure your wedding is a complete success and joy!
8. Will the consultant handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? Haute Weddings can help guide you with all your invitation and stationary needs. From the wording on the invites, to program selections, and menu cards. We can keep track of your guest list, address and mail out the invitations, and tally your RSVP's. We accomodate to your needs and know our stuff, so when the important component of invitations arrives on your itinerary, we're here to help every step of the way, going out of our way to ensure this critical piece of the puzzle is executed effectively and efficiently!
9. Can the consultant counsel you on etiquette matters and alert you to hot trends on the wedding horizon? The trend right now for the most part is, "Anything Goes," however, we will definitely tell you the proper standards so you can decide for yourself if you want to stray from tradition. With Haute Weddings we allow you to express your envision and definite wants and must haves but can also provide professional advice, suggestions and alternative ways of doing things that you may not have thought of and really fall in love with. At the end of the day, its YOUR big day and we work to make it signaturely yours.
10. Will the consultant coordinate delivery, arrival, and setup times with photographer, florist, musicians, caterer/banquet manager, etc? Of course, this is a priority. We definitely do not want the cake arriving prior to the linens! LOL, With your preferences, we will work together to devise a tight timeline that will be shared with all the vendors in order to execute the perfect positioning of set up, tear down and everything in between. We are the handlers that make sure every element is perfectly in place!
11. For the day of the wedding, will the consultant be willing to oversee the entire event by supervising vendors, troubleshooting emergencies, and soothing nerves? THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON FOR HIRING A WEDDING PLANNER! We are the eyes, ears, and brains of the operation utilizing all six senses for all of all aspects of the event. Assisting, supervising, and trouble shooting throughout the day to ensure the wedding event runs as smoothly as possible. We are quite frankly, planning perfectionists!
12. Will the consultant be willing to step in as your advocate, conveying your visions and desires to vendors when you don't feel up to the task? Most definitely! One of our first meetings together is an Intake Meeting in which we discuss all your preferences and desires. We gather information about your wants and needs to so can adequately convey these to vendors throughout the planning process. We want to ensure that your voice is heard and understood. Your wedding becomes our baby that we want to take care of every step of the way to make sure when the date arrives its the greatest day!
13. Will the consultant help plan and book your honeymoon? At Haute Weddings we work with a travel partner who we are able to put couples in contact with in order to plan and book the honeymoon of their dreams!
Hey Hautties and Brides-to-Be… Follow HW on Social Media!