Take a moment with us to look back at all of the amazing weddings we had this year! It was a great year for our team and 2018 is looking to be just as great! Cheers to these wonderful couples and thank you for letting us be apart of such a special day!
It is officially fall! Our last blog was "7 Amazing ideas for your Fall Wedding" and we couldn't stop there with the fall ideas. We are so excited to share some season inspired party favors your guests will be sure to fall in love with!
Pinecone Fire Starters
Looking for a favor that is easy and not very expensive? Why not having pinecone fire starters as your favor? This is easy to create and so fun and different for your guests.
Let love light the way
A personalized votive or simply a vanilla scented candle, candles are something your guests can use for those chilly nights. Add in some custom matchbooks with cute little sayings like “sparks flew” for an extra touch.
The endless possibilities of mason jars
Who doesn’t love mason jars? You can use them to drink your favorite beverage or for a country inspired vase. Fill personalized Mason jars with some of you and your husband-to-be’s favorite snacks then after enjoying the snack your guests can use the jar at their home as they see fit.
Send a cup of love with tea, coffee or even hot chocolate
Nothing screams fall like cozying up with a nice warm cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Packaging up some coffee or tea with shortbread cookies is a great party favor for your guests to use while sending you and yours warm thoughts.
Have S'more Love
Who doesn't love a good roasted marshmallow over a camp fire on top of Hershey's chocolate and in between two graham crackers? A good way to stay on budget and bring your guests back to times as a kid make s'mores during the Fall season.
This post was provided by The Marquardt Ranch, a stunning wedding venue in Boerne, TX.
Fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year. And with this season comes some of the best wedding ideas. Take a look at some of our favorite fall wedding details!
Nothing says fall like plaid. If your wedding will be on the cooler side, thank your bridesmaids with plaid flannels. They can slip the flannels on before and after the ceremony for some fun photos, and they’ll thank you for the extra layer of warmth. For a more casual fall wedding, pick out the perfect plaid shirts for the groomsmen to wear.
There’s just something about fresh pie on a crisp, autumn day. If you’re a pie lover, pick your favorite pie to serve as your wedding cake. Or have a small cake for you and your groom to cut, and have a variety of pies for your guests to enjoy.
Bridal Blanket Scarf
A blanket scarf is the perfect detail for bridal shots, and the cozy wrap will keep you from freezing on the best day of your life. Choose a scarf that matches your color scheme, or just choose your favorite scarf!
Why not bring everyone’s favorite fall drink to your reception? Set up a drink station with mugs and warm drinks…like pumpkin spice lattes! If you decide to keep it simple and stick with coffee, provide a pumpkin spice creamer for your guests to try.
The yummy treat that reminds every one of their childhood. Why not wrap them individually and use them as wedding favors? If you already have favors, set up a bar where guests can top their apple with whatever they want.
White pumpkins, mini pumpkins, orange pumpkins, huge pumpkins, and beyond! Use mini pumpkins as adorable placeholders, and use larger pumpkins as centerpieces. If your wedding is near Halloween, you could even use jack-o-lanterns instead.
Include fall-colored leaves in your wedding bouquet or even in your flower crown. Gather leaves and use them to decorate gift tables, drink stations, seating tables, and more.
If you love gold, this is for you. Spray paint leaves gold and write your guests’ names on them as place holders. Or arrange gold spray-painted leaves to create a stunning backdrop for your ceremony. Gold leaves are seriously magical.
DJ play that song!
Your DJ sets the tone for the night…literally. You want to make sure they are not only reliable, but they know you. They know your playlist and timeline, the go-to songs that everyone can dance to, and have it all downloaded and ready to go. All that is left to do is hit play and dance the night away!
Open bar or cash bar, either way make sure you have enough bartenders for the amount of expected guests because let’s face it, waiting in line when all you want to do is get back out on the dance floor is not fun! Talk to your bar vendor, they will let you know how many bartenders and bar areas you will need based on the amount of specialty drinks you will be providing and how many guests will be celebrating the night with you.
Life on the dance floor.
The dance floor is your stage. Dance props, like glow sticks, are a fun addition to any party. If you have enough reception time and not too many activities planned during the reception, hired entertainment, like professional salsa dancers or acrobats, is a unique way to surprise your guests and add a little extra pizazz to the night.
Something for the kidos.
Although kids can be entertaining, let the mommies and daddies have a break to hit the dance floor by hiring certified babysitters or providing a kids room. Have games, movies, and coloring books in the room for kids to have their own fun.
Hire a professional wedding planner and just dance!
Let your loved ones and most importantly, YOU enjoy the day and hire a professional wedding planner. Let us take care of all the moving parts and keep your day on schedule. We will ask the important questions ahead of time so we know what is important to you day of and all you have to think about is if you want another slice of cake.
As seasons may change so do wedding color trends. Let’s take a look at some beautiful color trends as we approach the fall wedding season!
Neutrals such as creams, beige, white or ivory will always be timeless. Having such neutral colors will be able to go with most any theme. Whether you want your wedding in a rustic barn, or a downtown hotel this color trend can go anywhere. Why not use those neutrals but mix it up with some metallics. Check out these inspirations.
Let's talk about the groom first and his tuxedo. These two are very good looking tuxes you can find online at The Black Tux
Then of course the beautiful bride!
Check out this inspiration of stationary.
Top it off with some decor.
A guest book is a great way to capture the wishes of all your loved ones who were there to celebrate with you on your big day, but who said the book had to be a book? We gathered a few unique ways to personalize your guest book and make your wedding more about your love story.
Love notes for the years to come
We could not think of a better way to reminisce about your I do’s on your anniversary than to be able to open a bottle with little notes of love and advice from your loved ones who attended your wedding. Each wine bottle will represent an anniversary year. Ask your guests to write a note for you and your husband to read at each anniversary!
Ask your guests to write a little note on a stone for your garden or a flat rock that will later be used for a stone path in your backyard. This is a beautiful way to decorate your new home while remembering those that were there on your big day. Just make sure the stone is not too hard to carry and the right size to fit all of your guest’s signatures and wishes.
Tis the season
Are your nuptials around the holidays or are you in love with Christmas as much as you are with your fiancé? Regardless your reason to be in the season, asking your guests to sign Christmas ornaments are a great way to be surrounded by love from your wedding during the holiday season! You can then use the ornaments to place on your first tree as husband and wife or in a vase with small twinkle lights for a table centerpiece. You can also explore using clear fillable ornaments for you to later put dried flowers from your wedding. What a beautiful way to celebrate the season and your love!
A fun way to entertain your guests during the ceremony is to have a few questions on each table for them to answer on a card that you can later place in a scrapbook. The cards can ask for advice, their favorite memories of the bride or groom, or their hopes for your future as mister and misses! Get creative or silly with your questions, this is about creating a keepsake of your big day and those you love!
Photo booth fun
Chalk, chalk board and photo booth is all you need to capture photos of your guests and their wishes and advice all in one shot. Ask guests to write a note then take a photo that prints right away. Guests can then place their photo in the scrapbook so you can have a face to the love note they wrote for you!
The groomsmen and bridesmaid have walked down the aisle, everyone is waiting for you to walk to your future husband but first your guests are presented by an adorable flower girl. The flower girl leads the bride as a symbol of innocence fading while the brides role of a mother and wife are coming forward. The flower girls are known to sometimes steal the show. So why not change up the tradition and have the flower girl carry something different other than flower petals.
1. What if they were to hold a matching mini bouquet of the brides?
2. A single stem…
3. Sprinkle a little lavender.
4. The flower girl could always carry a sign for everyone to read.
5. Instead of a single steam, have your flower girl pass out the stems to your guest as she is walking.
6. She might just be going along for the ride.
7. A ribbon wand sure could make it more fun for the flower girl.
8. Who said dogs aren’t allowed?
9. For those winter months, a wreath would be beautiful.
10. Beautiful Pomander balls
When surfing the web for wedding-related content you might become a bit overwhelmed by the plethora of places online discussing everything to do with weddings. It seems that every year existing wedding blogs take it to the next level and new blogs spring up with their own unique take on the wedding planning process. However, there is a list of the top 10 wedding blogs of 2014 that might lead you to find just what you're looking for. They include topics like real weddings, wedding inspiration, engagements, DIY weddings, bridal portrait features, wedding showers, styled shoots and just about anything you can dream up dealing with and around weddings. So starting from number 1 to number 10, here are the top 10 wedding blogs of 2014:
1. Style Me Pretty: Style Me Pretty is a style savvy wedding resource devoted to the modern bride. We cover everything from gorgeous real weddings to up and coming vendors and seasoned pros in the invitation, floral, fashion and photography industries. We feature only the most chic and style centric wedding related content, continually discovering new and brilliantly talented vendors, brides with an eye for all things gorgeous.
2. Wedding Chicks: This is the website to visit for truly amazing wedding inspiration. Whether it be style tips or DIY wedding help, there is tons of great content that any bride will find useful. Don't forget to spend time checking out the free printables too, we love that.
3. Rustic Wedding Chic: Rustic Wedding Chic has become the wedding blog of choice for brides planning a rustic or country wedding. Launched in May of 2009, Rustic Wedding Chic inspires and guides couples with a daily muse of photography and information along with a curated directory of resources, the very popular “Ask Maggie” feature, a “How To” with DIY projects, etiquette advice and helpful articles. Rustic Wedding Chic loves to showcase “real” weddings- filled with creative, dreamy and inspiring photos.
4. 100 Layer Cake: 100 Layer Cake highlights the best of real weddings, including details like the photographer and dress designer for each. It also alerts readers to the best small stationers, designers, and more.
5. One Wed: Once Wed focuses on planning designer weddings for less,
and has a vendor guide searchable by state. We especially love its marketplace for pre-owned wedding dresses.
6. Ruffled Blog: Ruffled started in August 2008 as a space I could share vintage-inspired and handmade idea for weddings. Back then – which seems like ages ago – there was little or no resource on the style. Today the blog grew into one of the biggest resources for engaged couples seeking inspiration for their weddings, blending their unique personal styles into one heck of a gorgeous fete that go beyond the nostalgic love for vintage tidbits.
7. The Knotty Bride: The Knotty Bride includes tons of fashion inspiration, DIY ideas, giveaways, relationship advice and more to inspire you and brighten your day. Great personality and vibe.
8. Rock n Roll Bride: This blog rocks the wedding world. It is one of the first ever UK based wedding blogs and has gone from strength to strength. It covers all things alternative.
9. Green Wedding Shoes: Green Wedding Shoes captures wedding inspiration for creative + fashion forward brides. Southern California style with a keen eye for the latest bridal trends.
10. Junebug Weddings: One of the world’s most popular online wedding planning resources, Junebug Weddings is well-known for editorial excellence, showcasing phenomenal photography and providing the most trusted list of recommended wedding professionals found anywhere in the world. Dedicated to helping couples plan the wedding they've always dreamed of, they encourage their readers to find and celebrate their own personal wedding style. On top of all of these great things, they are a group of fun, outgoing, artistic, and passionate individuals striving to make Junebug better with each day that passes.
So there you have it! The top 10 wedding blogs of 2014 to follow. While we still of course want you to follow our blog, we realize the power presence these blogs have in the wedding world. They live and breathe all things wedding and can be a great source of inspiration for your very own. Haute Weddings' blog is designed to bring you a variety of topics you'll find useful from before the time you get engaged right up to the end of the reception and on to the honeymoon! We like to keep it fresh and hope you enjoy following our blog just as much as we love following these blogs. See you next week with a new topic in a new post!