For this blog post, we decided to feature a vendor serving the San Antonio and surrounding areas and is your go to guy when it comes to lighting for your wedding reception. His name is Rafael Chancey, AKA, The Lighting Specialist of Illuminating Celebrations!
Currently Rafael oversees the lighting department at Summit Christian Center in San Antonio. He operates and programs a Grand Ma which involves lighting design support and operation for large scale concerts, weddings and other special events.
Rafael has over 20 years of lighting experience and has provided lighting support for various artists such as Elvis Crespo, Sentidos Opuestos, Sonora Santanera, Reuben Morgan, Parachute Band, Kate Miner and Hillsong.
Rafael was trained on Grand Ma in 2008 by world renowned lighting designer Patrick Dierson.
Illuminating Celebrations allows you to personalize your wedding decor in a spectacular fashion. Your guests will be truly impressed! Illuminating Celebrations can do a personalized monogram, wedding date, custom patterns projected onto the dance floor or wall! See your name in light!
Illuminating Celebrations also has 14 foot crystal chandeliers surrounding the dance floor illuminated with battery operated lighting with full color control. Your guests will be amazed!
Outdoor lighting at your reception makes all the difference in the world and the pros at Illuminating Celebrations have been lighting the way for decades now! Their lighting skills and talent add a special touch to any wedding or special occasion. See how beautifully this outdoor tent glowed in the darkness of the night for a wedding that took place at the Denman Estate and was also featured on Style Me Pretty.
So if you're planning a wedding or special event and are thinking about lighting to brighten things up, give Rafael at Illuminating Celebrations a call.
Our Passport To Love Open House, produced by Perfect Beginnings Destination Weddings, Haute Weddings, and Kendall Plantation was an absolute success! Newly engaged couples were able to enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the beautiful Kendall Plantation, and enjoy delicious eats, drinks, and treats, as they visited one on one with over 30 local and international vendors. It was a great event full of fun and energy!
Here are some photos from the evening, courtesy of Ara Photography!
From the Hill Country from Hawaii, we had representatives from Sandals, Royal Caribbean, Karisma Resorts in Mexico and Hard Rock Hotels in Mexico.
Bartenders 4 You served up international signature drinks that went with each theme.
A huge thanks to Ara Photography for taking the photos for the event!
Here are some of the other wonderful photographers that came out!
Now back to our gallery of photos courtesy of Ara Photography of additional vendors and attendees at this one-of-a-kind open house!
We had over 50 brides attend the Passport to Love Open House and it was a tremendous success! We are so excited to build off this momentum and produce another open house just as awesome in the future so stay tuned...
Thanks again to all the wonderful vendors who helped bring our vision together and put on a spectacular event! Until next time...
Another year has come and gone! 2014 is in the books and now we look ahead to 2015. Although we have much to look forward to in 2015, it's fun to take a look back on past weddings and in New Year's fashion we've compiled photos with fireworks or sparkler exits in honor of the holiday. These images are fond memories of the brides and grooms we've worked with and how we hope that same spark on their wedding day is still alive and burning today!
To all our family, friends, brides and grooms Haute Weddings wishes you all a very prosperous and Happy New Year!!! Cheers!
Since the 1940's The St. Anthony Riverwalk Hotel has welcomed couples into its lavish establishment with beautiful ballrooms and hotel rooms to boot! The St. Anthony signifies history and elegance with its long roots in the downtown San Antonio area while providing upscale amenities for guests.
Imagine a wedding celebration that transports you to a more elegant time: a stunning ballroom, sparkling chandeliers, candlelight, turn-of-the-century décor and a wait staff ready to serve. It’s all possible at St. Anthony Hotel, where they've been giving couples their dream weddings for over 100 years.
“The Knot” selected St. Anthony as a “Best Of Weddings” reception destination in San Antonio, and it’s easy to see why. With delicious catering and variety of beautiful spaces – including a terrace overlooking the city – they guarantee an evening you will never forget.
Wedding Amenities Include:
- Complimentary one-bedroom suite
- Special weekend room rates for your guests
- Parquet dance floor
- All tables and chairs needed for your personal room set-up, including cocktail tables
- Elegant mirror and candlelight centerpieces
- White floor-length table linens
- Complimentary cake cutting
- Traditional china, glass and silverware
- Wedding receptions are based on 5 hours
- Scheduled set-up times for your vendors
"I love working at the St. Anthony because the design and decor of the hotel is timeless. It is truly a magical place in which time stops. Their customer service is top notch and their food is delicious. All my clients have been so happy with the St. Anthony." Lisa Morales, Owner of Haute Weddings.
When surfing the web for wedding-related content you might become a bit overwhelmed by the plethora of places online discussing everything to do with weddings. It seems that every year existing wedding blogs take it to the next level and new blogs spring up with their own unique take on the wedding planning process. However, there is a list of the top 10 wedding blogs of 2014 that might lead you to find just what you're looking for. They include topics like real weddings, wedding inspiration, engagements, DIY weddings, bridal portrait features, wedding showers, styled shoots and just about anything you can dream up dealing with and around weddings. So starting from number 1 to number 10, here are the top 10 wedding blogs of 2014:
1. Style Me Pretty: Style Me Pretty is a style savvy wedding resource devoted to the modern bride. We cover everything from gorgeous real weddings to up and coming vendors and seasoned pros in the invitation, floral, fashion and photography industries. We feature only the most chic and style centric wedding related content, continually discovering new and brilliantly talented vendors, brides with an eye for all things gorgeous.
2. Wedding Chicks: This is the website to visit for truly amazing wedding inspiration. Whether it be style tips or DIY wedding help, there is tons of great content that any bride will find useful. Don't forget to spend time checking out the free printables too, we love that.
3. Rustic Wedding Chic: Rustic Wedding Chic has become the wedding blog of choice for brides planning a rustic or country wedding. Launched in May of 2009, Rustic Wedding Chic inspires and guides couples with a daily muse of photography and information along with a curated directory of resources, the very popular “Ask Maggie” feature, a “How To” with DIY projects, etiquette advice and helpful articles. Rustic Wedding Chic loves to showcase “real” weddings- filled with creative, dreamy and inspiring photos.
4. 100 Layer Cake: 100 Layer Cake highlights the best of real weddings, including details like the photographer and dress designer for each. It also alerts readers to the best small stationers, designers, and more.
5. One Wed: Once Wed focuses on planning designer weddings for less,
and has a vendor guide searchable by state. We especially love its marketplace for pre-owned wedding dresses.
6. Ruffled Blog: Ruffled started in August 2008 as a space I could share vintage-inspired and handmade idea for weddings. Back then – which seems like ages ago – there was little or no resource on the style. Today the blog grew into one of the biggest resources for engaged couples seeking inspiration for their weddings, blending their unique personal styles into one heck of a gorgeous fete that go beyond the nostalgic love for vintage tidbits.
7. The Knotty Bride: The Knotty Bride includes tons of fashion inspiration, DIY ideas, giveaways, relationship advice and more to inspire you and brighten your day. Great personality and vibe.
8. Rock n Roll Bride: This blog rocks the wedding world. It is one of the first ever UK based wedding blogs and has gone from strength to strength. It covers all things alternative.
9. Green Wedding Shoes: Green Wedding Shoes captures wedding inspiration for creative + fashion forward brides. Southern California style with a keen eye for the latest bridal trends.
10. Junebug Weddings: One of the world’s most popular online wedding planning resources, Junebug Weddings is well-known for editorial excellence, showcasing phenomenal photography and providing the most trusted list of recommended wedding professionals found anywhere in the world. Dedicated to helping couples plan the wedding they've always dreamed of, they encourage their readers to find and celebrate their own personal wedding style. On top of all of these great things, they are a group of fun, outgoing, artistic, and passionate individuals striving to make Junebug better with each day that passes.
So there you have it! The top 10 wedding blogs of 2014 to follow. While we still of course want you to follow our blog, we realize the power presence these blogs have in the wedding world. They live and breathe all things wedding and can be a great source of inspiration for your very own. Haute Weddings' blog is designed to bring you a variety of topics you'll find useful from before the time you get engaged right up to the end of the reception and on to the honeymoon! We like to keep it fresh and hope you enjoy following our blog just as much as we love following these blogs. See you next week with a new topic in a new post!
One area of wedding planning that can often become a sticky situation is what to do about...KIDS! Will children be invited? Are we supposed to include them in the guest list? If you do not allow children, then some of your guests might not be able to attend because they'll need to find a sitter and can't. If you do invite kids, what do you do with them once the big day arrives and all the festivities are going on? We have a suggestion for you that might possibly be a win-win for all.
Luckily, one very smart entrepreneur and kid-certified service, popped into the wedding market recently called Southern Sitters of Texas. Brides, wedding party, and guests can relax at the celebration knowing the kids are participating in a party of their own, yet still being involved on this special day. Southern Sitters will coordinate entertainment to your themed wedding or have a theme of their own- similar to a day camp! A sampling of activities may include; arts and crafts, relay races, beautiful bookmarks, team building games, fabulous frames, gift making, jewelry design, treasure hunt and more!
Founder and CEO, Aubri Reed stated, "On-site, off-site and in-room private booking options are available when reserving sitter staff. We cater to all childcare needs. Our event team will handle all the arrangements starting with designing the perfect childcare program. We love working in the wedding industry and enjoy helping make a couples big day as special as possible by taking care of even the littlest of guests. That's what Southern Sitters is here for!"