When surfing the web for wedding-related content you might become a bit overwhelmed by the plethora of places online discussing everything to do with weddings. It seems that every year existing wedding blogs take it to the next level and new blogs spring up with their own unique take on the wedding planning process. However, there is a list of the top 10 wedding blogs of 2014 that might lead you to find just what you're looking for. They include topics like real weddings, wedding inspiration, engagements, DIY weddings, bridal portrait features, wedding showers, styled shoots and just about anything you can dream up dealing with and around weddings. So starting from number 1 to number 10, here are the top 10 wedding blogs of 2014:
1. Style Me Pretty: Style Me Pretty is a style savvy wedding resource devoted to the modern bride. We cover everything from gorgeous real weddings to up and coming vendors and seasoned pros in the invitation, floral, fashion and photography industries. We feature only the most chic and style centric wedding related content, continually discovering new and brilliantly talented vendors, brides with an eye for all things gorgeous.
2. Wedding Chicks: This is the website to visit for truly amazing wedding inspiration. Whether it be style tips or DIY wedding help, there is tons of great content that any bride will find useful. Don't forget to spend time checking out the free printables too, we love that.
3. Rustic Wedding Chic: Rustic Wedding Chic has become the wedding blog of choice for brides planning a rustic or country wedding. Launched in May of 2009, Rustic Wedding Chic inspires and guides couples with a daily muse of photography and information along with a curated directory of resources, the very popular “Ask Maggie” feature, a “How To” with DIY projects, etiquette advice and helpful articles. Rustic Wedding Chic loves to showcase “real” weddings- filled with creative, dreamy and inspiring photos.
4. 100 Layer Cake: 100 Layer Cake highlights the best of real weddings, including details like the photographer and dress designer for each. It also alerts readers to the best small stationers, designers, and more.
5. One Wed: Once Wed focuses on planning designer weddings for less,
and has a vendor guide searchable by state. We especially love its marketplace for pre-owned wedding dresses.
6. Ruffled Blog: Ruffled started in August 2008 as a space I could share vintage-inspired and handmade idea for weddings. Back then – which seems like ages ago – there was little or no resource on the style. Today the blog grew into one of the biggest resources for engaged couples seeking inspiration for their weddings, blending their unique personal styles into one heck of a gorgeous fete that go beyond the nostalgic love for vintage tidbits.
7. The Knotty Bride: The Knotty Bride includes tons of fashion inspiration, DIY ideas, giveaways, relationship advice and more to inspire you and brighten your day. Great personality and vibe.
8. Rock n Roll Bride: This blog rocks the wedding world. It is one of the first ever UK based wedding blogs and has gone from strength to strength. It covers all things alternative.
9. Green Wedding Shoes: Green Wedding Shoes captures wedding inspiration for creative + fashion forward brides. Southern California style with a keen eye for the latest bridal trends.
10. Junebug Weddings: One of the world’s most popular online wedding planning resources, Junebug Weddings is well-known for editorial excellence, showcasing phenomenal photography and providing the most trusted list of recommended wedding professionals found anywhere in the world. Dedicated to helping couples plan the wedding they've always dreamed of, they encourage their readers to find and celebrate their own personal wedding style. On top of all of these great things, they are a group of fun, outgoing, artistic, and passionate individuals striving to make Junebug better with each day that passes.
So there you have it! The top 10 wedding blogs of 2014 to follow. While we still of course want you to follow our blog, we realize the power presence these blogs have in the wedding world. They live and breathe all things wedding and can be a great source of inspiration for your very own. Haute Weddings' blog is designed to bring you a variety of topics you'll find useful from before the time you get engaged right up to the end of the reception and on to the honeymoon! We like to keep it fresh and hope you enjoy following our blog just as much as we love following these blogs. See you next week with a new topic in a new post!